About active Threat ASSESSMENT
What is an active threat?
There are a lot of threats out there. Terrorists. Criminals. Violent Extremists. Active Shooters. Ambushes. People illegally carrying concealed weapons or other contraband. These threats could be against you or those you protect.
Remember, your assessment of threat is tied to a decision to stop, use force, or make an arrest. Properly assessing threat will allow you to make more informed decisions and take the least intrusive action during an encounter.
How will active threat assessment training help me?
Threat assessment is relevant to a variety of decisions. The decision to stop. The decision to use force. The decision to make an arrest. Your assessment of threat will inform any of these decisions. It is relevant to any law enforcement, military, or security-related mission. Using our observation and assessment approaches will:
- Enhance your ability to identify potential threats
- Ensure you focus on the right person based on your mission objective
- Aid your tactical and strategic decision-making
- Improve your safety and the safety of those you are trying to protect
- Reduce the subjectivity of your observations
- Facilitate your analysis and articulation of reasonable suspicion
- Allow you to better predict potential outcomes of an encounter
Who can benefit from active threat assessment training?
Law enforcement, military, and security personnel must address a variety of complex problems in difficult situations. In many cases, a systematic approach to observation, threat assessment, and interdiction will facilitate a successful solution.
Threat assessment will help keep you and others safe. It can also help you complete missions such as:
- Gun Interdiction
- Event Security
- Executive Protection
- Retail Security
- Counter - Terrorism
- Border Security
- Fugitive Recovery
- Active Shooter Response
- Check Point Security & Access Control
- School Security
- Protection of Critical Infrastructure